garst gabbed
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > fac13ttyp2:hawk>lyx
> > /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libc.so.3" not found

> > How can i *possibly* have an unmet dependency
> Which libc do you have?

I have no idea how to check that.  It's part of the base FreeBSD 4.3
distribution

> Is there a libc.so.3.xxx in like /lib ?

I have  /usr/lib/libc.so.4

> Did you run ldconfig after you did all that compiling?

> You might just need a symlink or a line in /etc/ld.so.conf

symlink the libc.so.4 to libc.so.3?  ahh, this gets it running. (I
don't have a /etc/ld.so.conf . . )

But shouldn't configure have figured this out?

hawk

--
Prof. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.                     /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700         \ /   against HTML mail