On Tue, Jan 30, 2024 at 09:04:53PM +0100, Pavel Sanda wrote:

On Tue, Jan 30, 2024 at 07:26:35PM +0100, Enrico Forestieri wrote:
For making it work with Python 3 on Windows I had to patch both our
lyxpak.py script and getopt.py from Python.

Attached you will find the patch to be applied to lyxpak.py, the patch I had
to apply to getopt.py and the patched version (lyxwin_getopt.py) that should
be distributed with LyX.

I am confused about the situation on linux. Do you propose that we ship
our own getopt.py for linux installs as well?

No, the patched version works only on Windows. It will not be used on Linux.
However, it has to go with the patched lyxpak.py and thus it has to be shipped with the other sources. Otherwise lyxpak.py does not work when running LyX in place after compiling it.

--
Enrico