On 2/12/24 19:37, Murat Yildizoglu wrote:
On 13 Feb 2024, at 00:06, Richard Kimberly Heck <rikih...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 2/11/24 23:18, Murat Yildizoglu wrote:
Hello Richard,

I am using the RC3 here and I came upon a problem: after having pasted some text, my cursor became invisible. I can select some text or move the cursor but cannot see where it is. I had to to close and restart Lyx in order to get back a visible cursor. I repeated the operation after relaunching Lyx to check if I can reproduce the problem but my cursor stayed visible. So, I do not know what happened.
I have never met this problem in Lyx before updating to RC3.

Are you on Linux? I have seen this kind of problem quite a bit under Wayland, with different applications. It's very annoying.

I am sorry, Richard, I forgot to indicate it: I use MacOS Sonoma 14.2.1 in French. I have only observed this behavior in RC3, not yet in any other version of LyX or application.

So not a Wayland issue, though it could still be a Qt issue.

There were not many changes between RC2 and RC3. Hardly any, in fact, unless there was a change in the Qt version, which I don't think there was.

That said, there have been some pretty significant changes to cursor behavior, so it's possible also that it's a LyX issue.

Riki