Hi,

Beginning with LyX 1.1.6fix2 I cannot View->DVI this document:
        ftp://ftp.cea.fr/incoming/y2k01/lyx/hist.lyx
This used to work with LyX 1.1.6fix1.

This document contains some text and a ~1 Mb PostScript image:
        ftp://ftp.cea.fr/incoming/y2k01/lyx/brodmann.ps

When I load the document I see this :
        ftp://ftp.cea.fr/incoming/y2k01/lyx/lyx.png
A GhostScript process is spawned and the image remains in this
[rendering...] state forever. Both the GhostScript and LyX
processes do not consume any significant CPU: between 0.0 and
0.1 %.

Then when I select View->DVI, I see:
        Converting from  latex to dvi
        Running latex
on the standard output but nothing happens. I guess this is
related to known bug 28.

The question remains why the PostScript image would remain
in [rendering...] state forever.

By the way, this is on Solaris 7 and Solaris 8 and LyX was
compiled with GCC 2.95.3. We use GhostScript 6.50.

This does _not_ happen on Linux with the same LyX 1.1.6fix2
compiled with Red Hat's GCC 2.96 and using GhostScript 5.50.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Papadopoulos