On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 10:46:56PM +1000, David Fong wrote:
> What is the format of $LYX/encodings (or in my
> system.../usr/share/lyx/encodings)
>
> I'd like to add a Big5 or GuoBiao encoding to my CJK-LyX setup, but cannot
> figure out what I need to add to the encodings file to let CJK-LyX recognize
> Big5 or GuoBiao as an encoding.

You cannot add support for these encodings by changing the encodings file.

I think that currently, the only way to use these encodings is to put
the appropriate latex commands in the preamble/document.
For example, with the CJK package, you put \begin{CJK*}{Bg5}{song} at the
beginning of the document (and \end{CJK*} at the end).