Dear Dekel,

Thank you for your reply.  I agree that I need to surround Big 5 encoded text
with \begin{CJK*}{Bg5}{song} and \end{CJK*} to get LaTeX to print out Chinese
Big5 characters.

However, I need some way of telling CJK-LyX to display Big5 encoding as
Chinese characters on the LyX screen (so that CJK-LyX will behave in a more
`WYSIWYM' fashion).

To do this, I think I need to tell CJK-LyX that there is an encoding called
`Big5', then tell CJK-LyX how to display Big5 encoding.

Cheerio, David.

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001 23:38, you wrote:
> > What is the format of $LYX/encodings (or in my
> > system.../usr/share/lyx/encodings)
> > I'd like to add a Big5 or GuoBiao encoding to my CJK-LyX setup
> You cannot add support for these encodings by changing the encodings file.
> I think that currently, the only way to use these encodings is to put
> the appropriate latex commands in the preamble/document.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] - Ivanhoe, 3079, Australia.
http://www.users.bigpond.com/vkelim/ - GnuPG and ICQ available
Amiga / Linux APUS / Linux Mandrake