Juergen> Well at it is now you're not allowed to insert
Juergen> Footnotes/Marginnotes inside Floats. But I will change this
Juergen> as it IS BOGUS. I could have a minipage inset inside the
Juergen> float and therein the footnotes and it would work.

Well, it will work when you insert inside the minipage inset which is
inside the float, right?

Juergen> Also I can
Juergen> cut&paste another inset inside the insetfloat with insetfoot
Juergen> in it and it will not check for them!

That's because the semantics of insertInsetAllowed are broken... We
could rename it to 'insetAllowed' and for example just skip them in
LaTeX output. Of course, one needs to have some visual feedback of
that on screen, maybe a change of color, or a distinctive sign added
in front of invalid insets when they are invalid in this place. I
definitely think that we need something like that rather than checking
only at insert time. And it does not seem to me that this approach
causes problems.