On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, Angus Leeming wrote:

> Nice. But make it invisible to the LyX kernel. I'd like to see a few signals,
> so that the interaction with the kernel is the same as for other frontend
> stuff.
>
> // Non-buffer specific signals. Instance owned by LyXGUI or LyX class.
> class GlobalDialogs {
>       SignalXXX<string, string etct> Information;
> }

You can have static signals.  So you can therefore have a static member of
Dialogs that is effectively global.

Whatever happens a proper message box is needed XForms helper is not much
help so will just have to be reimplemented.

Allan. (ARRae)  Who feels retirement or at least a sabatical coming on.