On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, R. Lahaye wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I believe that the Save & Apply button of the Preferences
> lights up or doesn't, when it should or shouldn't:
>
> 1) It doesn't when I type a new Backup path or LyXServer pipe
>    in Inputs->Paths, but it should!

If the path doesn't include existing directories this will fail.
That is, if you enter /home/me/temp/lyx/ and /home/me/temp doesn't exist
then the validity test will fail.  What are the entries you are trying to
use?  And how much of those paths actually exists?

> 2) It does, when I select a line in the list of the LyX objects
>    in Look & Feel -> Colors, although it shouldn't because I do not
>    make any changes.

This is a problem of the "what is an input and what isn't" variety we have
had elsewhere.

Allan. (ARRae)