John Levon wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 05:01:44PM +1000, Allan Rae wrote:
>
> > > (simply typing "my" infront of "pipe"), I cannot [Save] or [Apply] that change
> > > because both buttons are still disabled. This is not the correct behaviour to
> > > my opinion, since I have changed the pipe in a legitimate way.
> > > Or what do you think?
> >
> > Strange.
>
> Can't reproduce (1.2.0)

Changing the filename of the pipe LyXServer in a running LyX session (the latter has
to be, otherwise you can't open the preferences, of course), then one can only enter
an EXISTING pipe name.
Hmmm, should one, in that case, then first manually create a pipe, before launching
LyX.

On the other hand, why in running LyX it is not possible to close the existing (old)
pipe and create a new one with the new name on the fly?

Rob.