On Thursday 19 July 2001 16:14, Juergen Vigna wrote:
> On 19-Jul-2001 John Levon wrote:
>
> > Think about the alternative - I add a lot of ert into the inset, so it is
drawn off
> > the side, and I can't even read it !
> >
> > Surely we dont really have/want a choice in this circumstance.
>
> Well we have already the inset will scroll to the right if the cursor exits
> the left ;) (try this in a tabular cell where the InsetText IS inlined).

Oh you bugger! I've just done this and now I'm getting infinite redraws of
the table and can do nothing useful at all. Phew! LyX has just crashed on me.

Road test to infinite redraws:
1. Insert table, I row, 2 columns
2. Type in first (leftmost) column until the table gets bigger than the width

Bingo!

Actually, If you leave this on screen doing its stuff then you'll crash LyX
in malloc. Presumably it just runs out of memory therefore.

Angus