> In my distro epstopdf is part of tetex.  The philosophy apparently
> being that it is needed when running pdflatex instead of LaTeX on a
> document prepared with eps graphics.

As far as I understand it, epstopdf comes together with pdflatex, it was
written by the same people. So anyone who has the pdftex package should
have epstopdf. And most recent versions of tetex (I don't know starting
when) do include the pdftex family. Same with latex2html, I think.

In summary, recent installations of tetex come with latex2html, pdflatex,
epstopdf, latex and dvips. So besides lyx and perl, tetex should provide
everything needed to run lyxport. I'm open to corrections if I'm mistaken
in any of this.

Best regards,

Fernando.