On Wednesday 25 July 2001 16:05, Dekel Tsur wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 03:26:45PM +0100, Angus Leeming wrote:

> > > Agreed, but do you think that it is possible to support all options
> > > from autoloaded packages from the GUI? Natbib has 14 Options AFAICS.
> > > There are other packages like url.sty which have non-gui-supported
> > > options, too. Is it really so difficult or "not clean" to add an
> > > options field similar to the "extra options" in Document > Document for
> > > these packages? (this is not rhetorical, but a real question -- as you
> > > know, I have no idea about the code side)
> >
> > No, it's easy enough and a nice idea. Keep hassling me.
>
> We don't want to do that (enter the packages options using a text input
field).
> What we need is to have a text file that describes the options for all the
> latex packages, and using this text file lyx will build GUI dialogs.

Nice idea. Pursuing it further, define the file format! For natbib, this is
what we need somehow. I think that this covers most of the problems we'll
have to overcome

Note that some options are mutually exclusive. Moreover, whilst there is a
default <Bracket>, <Separation> and <Style>, the default is to have no
<Order>ing, so we'd need a NONE option here.

Here's a crappy first stab at it. (I guess that the name entries will need
translation too...)

<package natbib, name="Natbib" >
        <brackets, name="Brackets">
                <item round, name="(">
                <item square, name="[">
                <item curly, name="{">
                <item angle, name="<">
        <\brackets>

        <separation, name="Separating punctuation>
                <item colon, name=":">
                <item comma name=",">
        <\separation>

                <item authoryear, name="Authors & years">
                <item numbers name="Numerical">
                <item super name="Superscript">
        <\style>

        <ordering, name="Ordering">
                <optitem sort, name="Sort">
                <optitem sort&compress, name="Sort & Compress">
        <\ordering>

        <longnamesfirst, bool, name="Long names first">
        <sectionbib, bool, name="Section command">
        <nonamebreak, bool, name="No name breaks">
<\package>

<default_style natbib>
        square, colon, authoryear
<\default_style>