Just quickly, because I'm on my way out, some observations:

The building of the 'listerrors' binary is dependent on already having
installed and reconfigured a lyx binary, it seems.  It tries to use
the lyx binary in the source tree (../src/lyx) but that binary doesn't
know about the fact that noweb support *is* installed on my
machine: presumably it's getting information from /etc/lyxrc or
~/.lyxrc.  Installing the new version, loading it, running
'reconfigure' from the menu, and then quitting it means that the
build-listerrors script will now work.

There's something pretty funny about the 'reconfigure' item, anyway,
since it's per-user.  On a debian install, it's very likely that every
user (on a given machine) will have the same 'setup': is it possible
for me to somehow 'globally' run reconfigure at package install time?

Secondly, probably less important, make distclean doesn't quite get
you back to 'square one'.  In my rules file I've added:

EXTRA_CLEAN=development/lyx.spec sigc++/slot.h sigc++/object_slot.h \
        sigc++/func_slot.h sigc++/class_slot.h sigc++/basic_signal.h \
        sigc++/convert.h sigc++/bind.h sigc++/rettype.h
sigc++/retbind.h \
        src/frontends/kde/dlg/moc/Makefile \
        src/frontends/kde/dlg/moc/Makefile \
        src/frontends/kde/dlg/Makefile \
        src/frontends/kde/moc/Makefile \
        src/frontends/kde/Makefile \
        src/frontends/gnome/Makefile \
        config.log config.cache

and to my 'clean' target

        -rm -rf $(EXTRA_CLEAN)

Gotta go now, but hopefully debian will have an up-to-date lyx package
in a day or two!

Jules