On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 02:39:49PM +0300, Sinisa Milivojevic wrote:
> No, I did not. My wife installed LyX from SuSE 7.0 and it sent
> faxes. How can  LyX be installed from SuSE 7.2 or RH 7.1, through a
> normal RPM installation.

You can find source and binary RPMs compiled for 7.1 at:

    http://www.cs.wm.edu/~zvezdan/programs/RPMS/LyX/

I'm not sure whether they will help you with fax sending though :-)

Did you try compiling the source RPMs for your fax programs. If the KDE
libraries are issue, do you have kde1-compat RPMs installed in your
distribution by default. YOu might want to grab them from your CD or KDE
ftp site.

I'm not implying that you didn't try all this already, just throwing
ideas randomly.

If Jürgen was a little harsh, that's because you started a little harsh.
You can be angry that you favourite feature is missing from you
favourite program, but it's a program that you got for free and whatever
its developers decide to do with -- it will be done. They won't lose any
money, believe me, because of that "bad business decision".

Finally, you can't coax people to do something for you by yelling at
them or being arrogant. It's so typical of people from our region. It
was almost as listening to myself. :-)

Best regards,
--
Zvezdan Petkovic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>