On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 10:34:26AM -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Do we apply directly or is my cvs building it in as I speak?

I don't know. I guess you have to apply it manually. It's a patch to
src/BufferView_pimpl.C and I can't commit anything there.

> > I personally don't like it. IMO somebody who wants math should say so by
> > typing M-m first, but there are obviously people with a strong feeling that
> > this is wrong...
>
> Keystrokes.  It's all about keystrokes.  M-g (or M-m g) as a prefix for
> a greek character in the middle of a sentence is trivial enough for
> finger-memory, and doesn't interrupt the flow of thought. By the time
> you're getting to a third keystroke, it's getting in the way, and you
> stop mid sentence.

The real issue is that we need some enhancement for key bindings. Currently
we cannot bind everything to any key. I mean things like:

Bind "M-g #1" to "math-mode; math-greek #1; cursor-right"

It's simply not possible right now but would help a lot in situations like
yours.

> hawk, who will drool uncontrollably if someone suggests a way to mix
> vim commands into lyx . . .

Those Other People are leaning to the emacs side, unfortunately...

Andre'

--