Juergen Vigna wrote:

>>- Scenario: An ERT and a minipage within a figure float (both empty); I
>collapsed/opened
>>them;
>>  selected them; maybe tried to cut them, suddenly -- a crash:
>
> Fixed!

Fine!

>>- Appending a column to a centered table (in the last column)
>>  shifts it to the very right; as of 2001/12/15, LyX crashes (probably freed memory
>>access, #108):
>>
>>  #0  0x080d51e7 in LyXTabular::AppendColumn (this=0x7b432f88, cell=4) at
>tabular.C:314
>>  #1  0x0814ee2e in InsetTabular::tabularFeatures (this=0x7b430f6c, bv=0x5fce8fec,
>>feature=APPEND_COLUMN, value=@0xbfffeff4)
>>

> The shifting should be fixed and the crash I just cannot reproduce it with
> current CVS.

Ok, I was imprecise. LyX does not crash normally; nevertheless there is
a freed memory access (probably an array bounds read). You should use
"njamd" or "electric fence" occasionally.

>>- A line break in an ERT is not printed correctly when the ERT is collapsed
>>
> ??? What do you mean we only put the first line (paragraph) in the label!

I see a box instead of an "broken arrow". Ok, this is really a marginal
bug. Now that I am thinking about the problem again it comes to my mind
that such a "broken arrow" is probably not a normal character and
therefore it cannot be displayed correctly.

> That's all I see critical for now. There are some minor bugs in your list
> (redraw) but nothing I would prefer. I don't see where you see all that show
> stoppers. I don't think that a minimal redraw bug is a showstopper if the
> behaviour is correct (it is a bug thought and should be fixed!)

A few days ago it was very simple to crash LyX. But it seems that you
have been very busy fixing. I think the most annoying redraw problems
are related to insets that cannot be displayed completely on screen. A
patch at the right place might fix a whole bunch of problems at once.
BTW: I had to work with Word today! I was very surprised that it is has
some redraw problems as well that look quite familiar...

Michael