I've commited a fix to ShowMessage(). This will stop the crash and
still give us a message -- but it will go to the console if it can't
reach a mini-buffer.

This is now a problem with either Minibuffer or InsetInclude depending
upon your POV:  should we ensure a buffer has a BufferView when
we find a different way to access the minibuffer if we haven't got a
BufferView yet?

Can we access the parent documents BufferView to get its minibuffer
instead? This would save a lot of hassle since that buffer was almost
certainly already visible.

Allan. (ARRae)