Allan> LyX should select a perfect match unscaled font over a scaled
Allan> font of any sort. If a perfect match unscaled doesn't exist we
Allan> go for the matched scaled font (real scaled font with a 0 or
Allan> two in its description) and then depending upn your preference
Allan> setting should match scaled bitmap fonts.

Allan> Is this a problem? Maybe we need two preferences instead:

This seem reasonable, but I do not know enough on this fonts stuff to
be sure. I'll complain when it's done!