On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 11:49:41PM +0200, Dekel Tsur wrote:

> > Dekel> 3. We can use a different approach for saving tabulars: Take
> > Dekel> for example valignment. It is only relevant for column that
> > Dekel> have fixed width.
> >
> > Is that true?
>
> Yes.
>
> > Dekel> So for normal column we never store the valignment, and for
> > Dekel> fixed with column we always store the valignment (so even if we
> > Dekel> change default values in the future, it won't affect the
> > Dekel> reading). Any objection to this scheme ?
> >
> > Is such a scheme easy to generalize to many variables?
>
> Here is the patch.
> It doesn't rely on default values except for one case:
> we assume that the default value for cell.rotate is false
> (and don't tell me that in the future lyx will make all cell rotated by
> default).

Looking at this patch I get the impression that still the borders of
cells are always written explicitly. I think here is another "obvious
default" not likely to change before hell freezes over: a cell inherits
the top and bottom lines from its row, and left and right lines from its
column, unless overridden by a cell attribute.
Would this be hard to implement?

Martin

--
Martin Vermeer  [EMAIL PROTECTED]