R. Lahaye wrote:

> 1) I find it annoying that I cannot Apply changes in the
>    Graphics dialog, without closing it.

 >    One may want to try several values (display size for example)
 >    before closing the dialog, but that is now not possible.
 >
 >    So please add an Apply button to the Graphics dialog.

There was a short a discussion about the sense of an
apply-button in a graphic dialog. But it's no problem
to go back. What does the others say?? Every change
is annoying to someone ...

> 2) Concerning Graphics dialog Size-tab:
>
>    The "keep aspect ratio" button seems to be only applicable
>    to the Custom selection (Default or Scale must keep the
>    aspect ratio; what else can they do?).
>    I would therefore suggest to have the "keep aspect ratio"
>    somehow attached to Custom:

You're right, makes only sense with custom size.
I put it back to custom in my last patch. I suppose that
Jürgen don't know this fact when he rearranged the order.

> Problem: What if Custom is selected and both, width and
> height are provided, and also "aspect ratio" is selected?
> It's rather ambiguous what to do in this case, or how to
> solve this abiguity. Any ideas?

This is handled by graphicx! The greatest value gives with

keepaspectratio the other one.

We could write this hint in the helpfile.

HErbert

--
http://www.lyx.org/help/