Angus> On Thursday 14 February 2002 10:25 am, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes
Angus> wrote:
> [...]
Angus> Now repeatedly type and erase the letter "a" in front of the
Angus> inset.

Angus> Here I get a new graphics inset created with each key stroke.
Angus> This may be something to do with my hacking here, but I don't
Angus> think so since the new inset is created through a clone command
Angus> which is in the core somewhere.
>>  I think this is undo creating and deleting copies of your
>> paragraph. To be sure, set a break in gdb at the place where your
>> graphics inset is created and look at the backtrace there.

Angus> Well, that's the point. It's creating them but not deleting
Angus> them. The counter patch I posted has a decrement in the
Angus> insetgraphics d-tor.

OK, I see what you mean. Yes, undo is currently leaking memory like a
thief. There is code in undo_funcs.C to properly delete unused
paragraphs (the DELETE_UNUSED_PARAGRAPHS define), but it is not turned
on, because it needs testing. And indeed, Michael's purify runs showed
that redo has problems.