On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 03:40:08PM +0100, Helmut Lichtenberg wrote:
> Anyway, it helps me in solving one more problem but it also shows me
> that using LyX is (currently) not a full alternative for people who
> use common office suites. It needs too much knowledge for everyday
> users.

..but maybe the idea is that with some skilled administrators
(yourself) it is possible to create document classes (layouts) which
allow everyday users to enjoy high-quality typesetting.

IMO, this an area of LyX which is under-explored.  There are not
enough (although there are some) LyX users pushing back the boundaries
of what layouts can do.  If more people like yourself were trying such
tricks, the Dev team would hear about the limitations and make the
engine more powerful...

Jules