On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 10:28:01AM +0100, Juergen Vigna wrote:
> Store the part of the inset you want to copy inside a InsetFormula inside
> a paragraph and give this one to the copy function of CutAndPaste.
>
> Now if you "paste" the contents somewhere you'll just get the InsetFormula
> there (I hope that is what you wanted).

Not exactly. I want to cut&paste as text. I.e. if I cut the chars
'\sqrt{2}' outside of math and I paste it inside math, I want to display it
as real square root. Or if I cut a fraction inside math and I paste it
outside, I want to paste it as "\frac{...}{...}".

The functionality of converting math to string and string to math is
already there, it just the interaction with cut&paste that is missing.

> For pasting inside a formula you just have to create another paragraph where
> the copy buffer is put inside and you have to extract the parts you need to
> do your internal paste.
>
> Should be doable, don't you think so?

Looking again at CutAndPaste it looks doable.

Could the interface of CutAndPaste be extended to accept an ordinary string
as well? The necessary paragraph creation could be done in CutAndPaste,
hiding the fact from the "user" entirely.

I do not really want to touch paragraph related stuff in mathed...

> P.S.: I get your mail from lyx-devel so it's not neccessary (and also not
>       wanted) that you send me all mails also private.

I should know, but I forgot...

Andre'

--