On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, John Levon wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 10:06:16AM +0100, Juergen Spitzmueller wrote:
>
> > I remember the KLyX icons to be rather ugly. What about those:
> >
> > http://mailbox.univie.ac.at/Reinhard.Stepanek/lyx/lyx_artwork_icons.html
>

> yes, perhaps. of course, the icons are themeable. And it would be easy
> to make them hotpluggable ...
>
> And also we can easily have per-toolkit preferences for icons, by
> simply naming then buffer-new-gnome.xpm or whatever.

Personally, I'd rather we ship one set of standard icons.  Any
variants can be in separate "theme" (ughh) tarballs.  At present a
user can override any icon by putting one they want with the same name
into ~/.lyx/images or icons/ or whatever it's called.  An
administrator can just untar the icon set over the top of the existing
installation to change the icon set for a site.

Alternatively just keep each "theme" in a subdir and let the user
choose the subdir they want.  It is very easy to dynamically build a
list of choices from a subdirectory listing after all.

Allan. (ARRae)