Juergen> On 01-Apr-2002 Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:

>> | It might work better to provide a separate tar ball for the docs
>> with a | make install. At least until 1.2.final.
>>
>> Perhaps.
>>
>> Other opinions?

Juergen> Yes please redo the pre1 tarball with the documentation. I
Juergen> think noone will complain that a tarball changed without
Juergen> changing release number, in this case.

Yes, having a tarball with docs would be very nice, so that people can
try it as it is supposed to be.

If we want to separate docs from main download, then it would be nice
to consider splitting the docs in separate language packages. It is
probably possible to automatize the creation of the different
translated docs.

Finally, I saw someone propose that debugging info is turned off by
default in pre. Do we want that? Actually, we currently test for
prerelease and development versions in configure, but both get the
same treatment. What things should be different between the two?