Lars> Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> [...]
Lars> | Lars> The problem here is that the number of float types are
Lars> dynamic, | Lars> so currently a "floatname + ' List'" is done. I
Lars> see that this | Lars> needs changing to enable better
Lars> translations, but do not expect | Lars> that to happen for
Lars> 1.2.0.

Lars> | I think that the string 'list of something' should be part of
Lars> the | float definition. This is easy and should solve all
Lars> problems.

Lars> Why should it? An extra variable in every float defeinition just
Lars> to hold the corresponding list name? IMHO this does not solve
Lars> the problem the nice way, it is just a hack.

No, the \listof macro of float.sty requires a title argument, anyway.
You build it in the code, and _this_ is a hack. For example, you'll
get 'List of Algorithm' instead of 'List of Algorithms'. So your code
is broken...

Lars> | And 'Wide Figure' could be replaced with 'Figure (wide)',
Lars> which should | accomodate all languages.

Lars> Perhaps. I did it to be as similar to 1.1.6 as possible.

So can I change this? Will it be OK for all languages?