On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Herbert Voss wrote:

> Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
>
> > Herbert> aha, than the wysiwig bibkeys were not useful ...
> >
> > They are useful. I am still waiting for a working version (probably
> > doing stuff in ControlCitation as Angus described) that gets numerical
> > citations working (with the enclosing [braces]) and does not have to
>
> > output "|Caesar et al." in the .ly file. I would really like to have
>

> I'm not interested in discussions like  "I don't want ..." (see
> ealier mails)
> There is no way other than using the option part to tell the inset
> what it should use for the label and in which style. than I get
>
> http://www.perce.de/lyx/cite0.gif  <-- with natbib
> http://www.perce.de/lyx/cite1.gif  <-- without natbib

So why is there a page entry given without natbib?  Is that just
making use of the "after" field?  (Hmm... it would seem so)

What if I just have a regular \cite will it look like "[key]" or not?
This is the main question we have been wanting clarified -- for the
engineers and such among us who aren't enlightened enough to want
anything other than numbers in the _output_ for citations.

Allan. (ARRae)