On Monday 22 April 2002 8:12 pm, Mike Ressler wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Angus Leeming wrote:
> > On Monday 22 April 2002 11:00 am, Angus Leeming wrote:
> > > This might make you happy...
> > >
> > > If you could test it a little, that'd make me happy too.
>
> Had a few minutes to play with it - beautifully done. I'll try it a bit
> more fully later today, but it already appears to do everything I need.
>
> > and, perhaps not unexpectedly, it leads occasionally to a crash. Now
> > fixed. Sorry for the email bombardment...
>
> No problem. As a return favor, could you look at the ProvidesNatbib patch
> I sent out Friday? The patch itself is trivial, but you might be able to
> address my question about how "ProvidesNatbib 1" in the layout file might
> automatically turn on the GUI support provided by clicking on "Use
> Natbib".

Mike, I _think_ that all you need to do is modify InsetCitation::validate

void InsetCitation::validate(LaTeXFeatures & features) const
{
+       BufferParams & params = features.bufferParams();
+       if (params.use_natbib &&
+          !params.textclass.provides(LyXTextClass::natbib))
-       if (features.bufferParams().use_natbib)
                features.require("natbib");
}

Angus