"Kayvan A. Sylvan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 04:42:06AM +0200, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
>> | [[Now, I insert "X" in the LyX buffer, do File->Save and View->Update->DVI]]
>> >
>> | Dependency file exists
>> | Read dep: /net/home/kayvan/etc/scouts/lyx//../img/garf2.eps 3732986742 938383314
>> | Updating DepTable...
>> | /net/home/kayvan/etc/scouts/lyx//../img/garf2.eps same mtime
>> | Finished updating DepTable (0 sec).
>> | return no_change
>> | TextCache: BufferView::buffer
>>
>> Is this all you get on the second run?
>
| Yes.

strange...
what is the contents of the .dep file?
(why does it seem that it only containes the .eps file?)

>> And can you please debug with super simple lyx files only (especially
>> at first)
>
| I have reduced the testcase to this file: No preamble, no special stuff,
| just an inserted graphic. The LyX and eps file are attached.

And if you reduce the testcase even more? To a file that just contains
an 'X' and then change into 'XX'?

And what is the difference in the debug out put between those two
testcases then?

| The sequence that makes the bug happen:
>
| Update->DVI
>
| change the "Foo" into "XFoo"
>
| Update->DVI (does nothing)

And this should only happen because the dependency tracking belives it
to not be needed.

--
        Lgb