Kayvan A. Sylvan wrote:

> Maybe someone can help me here. It's kind of urgent.
>
> I have two minipages, side by side, with some unordered lists inside each
> minipage.
>
> \begin_inset Minipage
> position 1
> inner_position 0
> height ""
> width "50%"
> collapsed false
> Senior Software Configuration Management

50% is not possible with two minipages side by side.

choose always 45% or 48%

Herbert

--
http://www.lyx.org/help/
#LyX 1.2 created this file. For more info see http://www.lyx.org/

\cfoot{}

\setlength{\itemsep}{0pt}

\hyphenpenalty=10000

% ltoh variables
%-ltoh- title := Kayvan Sylvan Resume

%-ltoh- :comm:\lhead:::
%-ltoh- :comm:\rhead:::
%-ltoh- :comm:\cfoot:::
%-ltoh- :comm:\thepage:::
\end_preamble
\language english
\inputencoding auto
\fontscheme pslatex
\graphics default
\paperfontsize default
\spacing single
\papersize Default
\paperpackage a4
\use_geometry 1
\use_amsmath 0
\use_natbib 0
\use_numerical_citations 0
\paperorientation portrait
\leftmargin 1in
\topmargin 0.3in
\rightmargin 1in
\bottommargin 0.5in
\headheight 0.2in
\headsep 0.5in
\secnumdepth 3
\tocdepth 3
\paragraph_separation skip
\defskip medskip
\quotes_language english
\quotes_times 2
\papercolumns 1
\papersides 1
\paperpagestyle fancy

\layout Standard

\begin_inset ERT
status Open

\layout Standard

\backslash
thispagestyle{empty}
\end_inset

\layout Standard
\align center

\series bold
\size largest
Kayvan A.
 Sylvan
\layout Standard
\added_space_top bigskip
879 Lewiston Drive
\hfill
(408) 978-1407
\newline
San Jose, CA 95136
\hfill
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
\layout Standard
\added_space_top smallskip \added_space_bottom smallskip \line_top \line_bottom \align
center

\series bold
SENIOR SOFTWARE ARCHITECT AND DEVELOPER
\series default

\layout Standard
\added_space_top bigskip

\series bold
\size large
SUMMARY
\layout Standard

Configuration Management visionary, changing the way development happens
 within software companies.
 Energetic focus on continual long-term process improvement.
 Over fourteen years of professional experience in all phases of software
 development.
 Proven expertise in
\layout Standard
\added_space_top -0.15in \align center

\begin_inset  Tabular
<lyxtabular version="3" rows="1" columns="2">
<features type="normal">
<column alignment="center" valignment="top" width="0pt">
<column alignment="center" valignment="top" width="0pt">
<row>
<cell alignment="center" valignment="top" topline="true" leftline="true" usebox="none">
\begin_inset Text

\layout Standard

\begin_inset Minipage
position 1
inner_position 0
height "0pt"
width "48col%"
collapsed false

\layout Itemize

Release Engineering
\begin_inset ERT
status Collapsed

\layout Standard

\backslash
setlength{
\backslash
itemsep}{0pt}
\end_inset

\layout Itemize

Multi-platform development
\layout Itemize

Team Management
\layout Itemize

Design and Analysis
\end_inset

\end_inset
</cell>
<cell alignment="center" valignment="top" topline="true" leftline="true"
rightline="true" usebox="none">
\begin_inset Text

\layout Standard

\begin_inset Minipage
position 1
inner_position 0
height "0pt"
width "48col%"
collapsed false

\layout Itemize

Software Localization
\begin_inset ERT
status Collapsed

\layout Standard

\backslash
setlength{
\backslash
itemsep}{0pt}
\end_inset

\layout Itemize

Project Management
\layout Itemize

Technical Training
\layout Itemize

System Administration
\end_inset

\end_inset
</cell>
</row>
</lyxtabular>

\end_inset

\layout Standard
\added_space_top bigskip

\series bold
\size large
ATTRIBUTES
\layout Standard

Highly professional, organized and demanding management style.
 Strong leadership and conflict management skills.
 Proven technical and design competency.
 Experience with leading edge software design and development.
 Outstanding track record for meeting goals and objectives.
 High energy.
 Results oriented.
 Decisive.
 Interface with all levels of management.
 Good listener and communicator.
 Committed.
 Entrepreneurial, risk taker.
\layout Standard
\added_space_top bigskip

\series bold
\size large
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
\series default
\size default

\layout Standard

\series bold
Synopsys Corporation
\series default
, Cupertino, CA
\hfill
May 2000 to December 2001
\newline

\emph on
Senior Software Configuration Management
\emph default
, Consultant
\layout Standard

Clearcase wizard and prodigious developer of bullet-proof, well documented
 software solutions for this $750 million international company.
 As a lead member of the Software Configuration Management infrastructure
 team, was responsible for maintaining a stable and highly available development
 environment and preventing costly downtimes.
 In this high-accountability environment, skillfully executed the following
 objectives:
\layout Itemize

Clearcase and Multisite support for Synopsys world-wide.
 Single-handedly fielded
\emph on
all
\emph default
 developer problems for all of Synopsys's domestic
\emph on
and
\emph default
 international offices.
\begin_inset ERT
status Collapsed

\layout Standard

\backslash
setlength{
\backslash
itemsep}{0pt}
\end_inset

\layout Itemize

Designed the Clearcase and Multisite architecture for all of Synopsys, including
 being involved in the upgrade process for Clearcase and Multisite (from
 version 3.2 to 4.0 and later versions).
\layout Itemize

Released scores of utilities and processes using Literate Programming techniques
 that are used enterprise-wide, including company-wide Clearcase view backups,
 self-correcting Multisite scripts, various system administration utilities,
 all with voluminous documentation.
\layout Itemize

Instrumental in timely deployment of Synopsys products on Linux by virtue
 of vigorous development of Linux support for Clearcase and other development
 infrastructure tools.
 Rapid turnaround on implementing Linux tools for all Synopsys developers.
\layout Itemize

Collaborated with the Unix system administration group for maintenance of
 the company-wide shared software depots.
\layout Itemize

Mentored junior members of the team.
 Delivered several company-wide lectures and training sessions to educate
 developers and support personnel on the topics of Clearcase, Multisite
 and Linux development.
\layout Standard

\series bold
Hewlett-Packard Corporation
\series default
, Mountain View, CA
\hfill
February 1999 to April 2000
\newline

\emph on
Senior Web Architect/Developer,
\emph default
Consultant
\layout Standard

Developed a modern web-based application to replace the functionality of
 legacy products using a terminal based user interface.
 Utilized Object Oriented Perl and CGI programming.
 Final deliverables included the code and a 75+ page user/developer manual
 that describes the system in great detail (to ease HP personnel's software
 maintenance efforts).
 Utilized HTML, style sheets, Perl/CGI and Javascript.
 NT and Unix environment.
\layout Standard
\added_space_top medskip

\series bold
Netboost Corporation
\series default
, Mountain View, CA
\hfill
March 1999 to October 1999
\newline

\emph on
Senior Developer,
\emph default
Consultant
\layout Standard

Created C++ programs to exercise and demonstrate new network performance
 enhancement platform on NT using Microsoft Developer Studio.
 The code was later ported to FreeBSD as the Netboost engine became multi-platfo
rm.
 Netboost was acquired by Intel in October of 1999.
\layout Standard
\added_space_top medskip

\series bold
Symantec Corporation
\series default
, Cupertino, CA
\hfill
1998 to 1999
\newline

\emph on
Software Configuration Manager,
\emph default
Consultant
\layout Standard

Performed as Software Configuration Manager for the core SCM group in the
 Internet Tools Group.
 Responsible for all release engineering and SCM tasks related to the Visual
 Cafe product line.
 Developed software and scripts to automate the build process.
 Cut build times from 18 hours to under 3 hours.
 Worked with developers closely and assisted in debugging and bug fixing
 of complex C++ and Java code.
 Created and maintained SCM web site to support our internal customers (Symantec
 development teams) using HTML, Javascript and Java-based developer applications.
 Multi-OS environment: Unix, NT, Mac.
\layout Standard
\added_space_top medskip

\series bold
Adobe Systems
\series default
, San Jose, CA
\hfill
1996 to 1998
\newline

\emph on
Computer Scientist, Engineering Services
\layout Standard

Responsible for all release engineering and software configuration management
 of products in Graphics Division representing over $350 million in yearly
 revenues.
 Ongoing management of timely release for all domestic and international
 products.
 Constant coordination with Engineering, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and
 Product Management.
 Accomplishments included:
\layout Itemize

Key developer of company wide release automation processes for multiple
 application groups, enabling
\newline
simultaneous shipment of multi-platform, multi-lingual products, resulting
 in greater immediate penetration of international markets.

\begin_inset ERT
status Collapsed

\layout Standard

\backslash
setlength{
\backslash
itemsep}{0pt}
\end_inset

\layout Itemize

Designed flawless automation of builds for various well known graphics applicati
ons.
\layout Itemize

Centralized discovery, assessment and acquisition of developer tools and
 source code control systems.
\layout Itemize

Analyzed existing legacy source control systems and improved hardware and
 software, resulting in noticeable improvements in speed and reliability.
\layout Standard

\series bold
Sylvan Associates,
\series default
 San Jose, CA
\hfill
1990 to present
\newline

\emph on
Software Consultant,
\emph default
Owner
\layout Standard

High powered, fast paced software consulting and training practice.
 Highly productive team member, expected to hit the ground running.
 Miracle worker.
 Crisis management.
 Troubleshooting.
 Often brought in as lead developer to fix mismanaged projects.
 Worked with fast moving Silicon Valley companies that needed immediate
 solutions.
 Extremely results oriented.
 Challenges included:
\layout Itemize

Rapid integration of diverse software components of a previously doomed
 project under a high pressure deadline to prepare for a successful release
 at industry trade show.
\begin_inset ERT
status Collapsed

\layout Standard

\backslash
setlength{
\backslash
itemsep}{0pt}
\end_inset

\layout Itemize

Course development and training for several major Wall Street investment
 firms.
\layout Itemize

Design and development of innovative Object Oriented software for the medical
 imaging industry.
\layout Standard

\series bold
Transact Software
\series default
, Sunnyvale, CA
\hfill
1988 to 1990
\newline

\emph on
Software Engineer
\layout Standard

Instrumental leader in the formation of Transact's object oriented application
 development philosophy and practices.
 Custom designed database applications and expert systems.
 Took the lead in resolving specification, documentation and delivery issues.

\layout Standard
\added_space_top medskip

\series bold
RJE Communications
\series default
, San Jose, CA
\hfill
1987 to 1988
\newline

\emph on
Product Manager
\layout Standard

Intensive involvement with all aspects of the company's newest software
 product.
 Brought together a team of junior developers and managed all aspects of
 the project, including design, implementation and technical support.
 Released the product to market and traveled with the sales team to trade
 shows.
\layout Standard
\added_space_top bigskip

\series bold
\size large
TOOLS AND TECHNOLOGIES
\series default

\layout Standard

Operating Systems:
\layout Quote
\added_space_top -0.2in
Unix (Linux, FreeBSD, SVR3, SVR4, SVR5, Xenix, HPUX, SCO, SunOS, Solaris),
 MacOS, Windows (3.1, 95, NT4.0, NT5.0, 98, 2000, XP), MSDOS, VMS
\layout Standard

Development Systems:
\layout Quote
\added_space_top -0.2in
Literate Programming, LyX, GNU tools, Visual Cafe (Java), JDK, Visual Studio,
 Visual C++, Visual Basic, Metrowerks CodeWarrior, Photoshop SDK, X11, Motif,
 MPW
\layout Standard

Networking:
\layout Quote
\added_space_top -0.2in
Windows (SMB), TCP/IP, Appletalk
\layout Standard

Source Code Control Systems:
\layout Quote
\added_space_top -0.2in
Clearcase, Multisite, CVS, Microsoft Visual SourceSafe (version 3 and up),
 Perforce, SCCS, RCS, PVCS
\layout Standard

Programming Languages:
\layout Quote
\added_space_top -0.2in
Perl, C, C++, Java, Javascript, LaTeX, TeX, Prolog, Objective C, ACCELL/Unify
 4GL, Tk/Tcl, HTML, Postscript, Lisp, Pascal, Scheme, Ada, PL/I, Forth,
 Cobol, Fortran, Basic, various assembly languages.
\layout Standard
\added_space_top bigskip

\series bold
\size large