On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 07:24:32PM +0100, Angus Leeming wrote:

> Fair enough. I understand that Qt Designer can handle such widgets in Qt3
> though...

Mmm, only to a degree though.

> > This is heading dangerously close to re-implementing a widget toolkit
> > and I'm not sure I like the idea.
>
> Bollocks. It's just OO-code. Nothing more.

As long as it stays optional I suppose it's OK. But, for example,
assuming a frontend has even grouped things in a similar fashion is an
over-assumption of the generic code imo.

> ;-) I have done nothing at all to anything outside the xforms dir. perhaps

You expect me to actually read code before commenting on it ? This is
not the lyx-devel way !

> Incidentally, why are you so agin xforms? It does a
> pretty reasonable job as far as I can see.

I'm just grumpy. The amount of time we've (and especially you) put in
working around and working over xforms is enormous. By contrast
something like Qt is lovely, moc warts aside.

Maybe because when I was even lamer than I am now I wrote a toolkit so
have at least some idea of how hard it is (pretty hard but not so hard
;)

john

--
"I personally think Windows NT will be the mainstream operating system within a few
years."