On Friday 07 June 2002 10:18 am, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
> Angus Leeming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> | I have got as far as FormPreferences in my attempts to get lyx to compile
> | with cxx 6.5. Now I'm a little stuck.
> |
> | We have not defined an operator=() for class Converters and I'm getting
> | the following error message. What's the best way to resolve this?
> |
> | I guess that defining operator=() as below is possible, but do we want it
> | and if not what's the solution?
>
> Are you able to create a testcase for this error?

I will attempt to do so.

> I am not sure that the compiler is right.
[snip...]
> | cxx: Error: /usr/lib/cmplrs/cxx/V6.5-021/include/cxx/deque, line 574:
> | #468 a template argument may not reference a local type
>
> What template argument and what local type.... eh it isn't complaining
> about something in its own headers?

Possibly. This is the bleeding edge compiler which is where you want us to
be, right?

Anyway, I'll ensure first that I can compile the rest of the source and
create a patch. Almost all the changes to date have been
        #ifndef CXX_GLOBAL_CSTD
ones, but I'll post it to the list first.

Angus