Hi,

I had a bit of a problem with the lyx configure script on a cygwin
environment.
The following check only works if the sh shell points to the bash
shell.

### Adjust PATH for Win32 (Cygwin)
if test "x$OSTYPE" = xcygwin; then
  echo "configure: cygwin detected; path correction"
  srcdir=`cygpath -w "${srcdir}" | tr '\\\\' /`
  echo "srcdir=${srcdir}"
fi

To my knowledge there is no OSTYPE defined on the sh shell that is
something specific to bash. Perhaps that should be mentioned somewhere.
Alternatively the following check should be sufficient for both bash
and sh.
if test -f /bin/cygwin1.dll; then

Ok that is not really a check for the enviroment we are on but at
least it works and I can't imagination that a cygwin1.dll is on a
non cygwin system found.

Soeren
When you don't know what to do, walk fast and look worried.