On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 03:45:25PM +0900, R. Lahaye wrote:
> Aha, let me give a last shot:
> when I replace the body of readSymbols::math_factory.C by simply "return;",
> LyX seems to keep running like a charm.
>
> Aparently the use of variables in that particular body of readSymbols
> makes the heap, or whatever, go bezerk.

Probably, but not necessarily. The heap could be corrupted already when you
enter the function.

> BTW: are you sure about "only destructors of automatic variables" ?
> There is an ifstream declaration in the body; latexkeys, string and
> istringstream in the while loop.....

Yes.

Anyway, put a

   'if (!fs) break;'

after the getline(fs,line) in line 189 and try again and if does not help,
split the is >> .. >> .. >> into several statements and put a

   'if (!is) continue;'

after each.

> > Does any other FreeBSD user see that behaviour?
>
> You need FreeBSD (my version is 4.5) together with fairly recent LyX-1.3.0cvs.

That's not an answer to the question ;-}

Andre'

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security,
will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. (T. Jefferson)