Kornel Benko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Friday 05 July 2002 23:08, Angus Leeming wrote:
>
> > I've just submitted my workings on the preview code to
> > CVS. Attached is a screen shot of what you can now expect. As you
> > can see, I've just about resolved the positioning of the preview
> > on the screen. There may be an off-by-one problem.
>
> WOW!!!
>
> [snip]
>
> >     follow the instructions in README-preview
>
> Opposed to the instruction in "README-preview" to reconstruct
> preview.ins, it was sufficient to
>
>       tex bootstrap.ins
>       tex preview-mk.ins
>
> to get the required files.

The instructions in README-preview are for the standalone distribution
of preview.dtx.  preview-mk.ins differs from preview.ins mentioned in
README-preview mainly in that the latter will install into
TDS-compliant directories when an appropriate docstrip configuration
exists, while preview-mk.ins will always unpack into the current
directory in order to facilitate the usual make all && make install
procedure.

The standalone distribution of preview.dtx does not even come with
bootstrap.ins; that is only present in the complete preview-latex
distribution (which at the current point of time is definite overkill
for use with LyX).

The standalone preview distribution is at
CTAN:macros/latex/contrib/supported/preview IIRC.

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]