"Garst R. Reese" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Andre Poenitz wrote:

> > > and where is the sense to see all the tons of previews,
> > > when your screen at the end shows only let's say up to 10?
> >
> > Not really much sense, but do you see an easy way out? How would the loader
> > decide between "users stops here" and "user will scroll further down"?
> >
> > Maybe we could later cancle things from the preview queue, but I'd not do
> > that before I see that this is necessary.
> >
> Why not have a preview toggle. There might even be events that
> automagically toggle it, but there are times when I do a lot of
> scrolling around looking for stuff that I forgot if I even wrote. A
> simple way to toggle graphics and preview on and off (same toggle) would
> be nice (for me).

If you have a separate thread rendering previews, and this thread
will never render anything that is already off-screen again,
scrolling will not be braked by the image rendering process.  One
would have to think about a strategy where an image rendering is
taking quite long after the image location has already been scrolled
off screen, perhaps it would be worthwhile to abort in that case.

But apart from that, things should be workable rather asynchronously.

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]