Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> Note that autoconf 2.53 is not really supposed to work for lyx,
> but we might as well try to make it work.

2.53 ships with FreeBSD 4.6 and it's around for quite some time already.
It's too much work to get the older version of autoconf on my system
(need to compile myself; the older packages have the wrong dependecies blabla).

Anyway, I don't think it's related to 2.53, since I remember to have had
the same problem when I still used the older version!

> Send me your config.log and I'll have a look.

Attached.

Also have a look at the warnings that autogen.sh produce; it's
in an earlier message of mine:
http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg40925.html

Thanks
Rob.