Dekel Tsur wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 02:36:33PM +0200, Andre Poenitz wrote:
>
>>On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 02:35:09PM +0200, Herbert Voss wrote:
>>
>>>LyX should support things which are still allowed
>>>in a legal way, and that is a one-column step.
>>>
>>Fine with me. I'll change it then.
>>

> I disagree.
> Although the amsmath documentation does not say that an odd number of
> columns is forbidden, it appears that the normal behavior is to have an
> even number of columns.

it's still an array and it's unimportant if I have all
columns before I do a \\

> As for Herbert's example, he can always leave the 4th column empty
> (in fact, comments should be better be put on the 4th column to make them
> left aligned).

as I wrote I prefer the other way round, but this is not important.
I can also live with two columns, but then a text
\begin{align}
1 & 2 & 3\\
4
\end{align}
converted with a alt-m-m into math should also show 4 columns

Herbert

--
http://www.lyx.org/help/