Hi,

Perhaps a configure flag could be used to build LyX in a way that works well
under DRT?   Although the polling change I mentioned (and others) may not be
bug free, they do seem to get LyX working under DRT.

You can see some preliminary results here in the following screenshots:

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~amichail/lyx8.png

>From the function sequence in the picture above, we see that the user
probably moved the cursor up.  However, that's
not the whole story as made obvious by the before/after screenshots.
In fact, the cursor moved out from math mode as well.
This shows the importance of before/after pictures in explaining past actions
(possibly performed by others).

BTW, could someone tell me if the functions shown in the pictures
are particularly relevant to the action?  The darker the action label,
the more relevant it is perceived to be to the action shown in the
before/after pictures.

To see how we arrived at the previous screenshot, see the
following:

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~amichail/lyx1.png

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~amichail/lyx2.png

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~amichail/lyx3.png

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~amichail/lyx4.png

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~amichail/lyx5.png

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~amichail/lyx6.png

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~amichail/lyx7.png

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~amichail/lyx8.png

I also found another problem with getting rid of cursor blinking.
If you type a sentence and press return, the cursor will not appear
for a while until it is told to blink on.  By then, the after picture
has already been taken, so cursor tracking is broken.  So it's not sufficient
to disable blinking. We also need to make cursors appear immediately when
they are moved in various contexts.

Amir