>>  You did not apply the following patch, did you?
>>
>> JMarc

Nirmal> Is this the same as the last one you had posted on the devel
Nirmal> list? If yes, then I did apply the patch.. or well, let me go
Nirmal> over what I did..

Nirmal> In lyx-devel, I ran patch -p0 < patch.diff

This seems correct

Nirmal> (I think I was prompted if I wanted to force something and I
Nirmal> did say yes to it..)

This is probably not correct...

Nirmal> ran autogen.sh, configure, make, make install

This is correct

Nirmal> Did I miss anything?

Basically, what the patch does is remove a call to ReplaceEnvPath from
InsetExternal::doSubstitution. And your backtrace seems to imply that
the function is still called. So I think you missed something,
somewhere.

Anyway, I just commited the patch in cvs. Please tell me if it works
now.