On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 11:47:28PM +0100, Juergen Spitzmueller wrote:

> I'm on it. It has a main dialog with a list browser and embeds modules (like
> Edwin's document dialog). Most embeded modules have tabfolders (the
> arrangement currently is - basically - the same as in the xforms' dialog, but
> this might be changed [1]).

Hmm. I'd far prefer a hierarchical set of entries in the left, like KDE
kcontrol etc.

The list browser navigation is confusing enough already.

> Concerning the special qt widgets, you will have to investigate yourself (I
> don't know what is possible with color and font pickers etc.)

http://doc.trolltech.com/3.0/qcolordialog.html
http://doc.trolltech.com/3.0/qfontdialog.html

both pretty easy to use I suppose.

> Concerning the prefs, I will include all the stuff from qt except
> - font encoding
> - popup fonts
> - rescale bitmap fonts
> - printer flags? (Dekel recommended to remove them)
>
> [1] I do not like "Input". I'd rather have a "Paths" section. But I do not
> know where to put the "Date Format" (in Input->Misc). What is this actually?
> (I hate "Misc" sections btw.).
>
> Recommendations are of course welcome (and I will post the ui files before I
> begin the fine tune).

I can't even get my head round most of the prefs and what they do. This
stuff is long-haul fixes.

thanks
john

--
""All the people we like are We, and everyone else is They."
        - Kipling