Hi all,

I got the latest CVS LyX 1.3.0 sources (Dec. 4th) and compiled it with qt gui support (Qt 3.0.5, gcc 3.2, RedHat 8).
When running LyX, I noted two main problems:

1- The math symbols, including greek letters, are not correct when shown in the qt frontend. It seems that the symbol font map is wrongly set or the wrong symbol font is beeing used. For example, \alpha is shown as the copyright symbol (a smal "R" inside a circle) on the screen.

2- The math pannel is not working. When a symbol is clicked, nothing happens. But the functions and the buttons over them (roots, fraction, etc) do work. The console shows the following error message:
QObject::connect: No such signal IconPalette::button_clicked(string const&)
QObject::connect: (sender name: 'unnamed')
QObject::connect: (receiver name: 'QMathDialogBase')

I hope this report helps improoving LyX.

Persio