On Tuesday 10 December 2002 10:06 am, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Angus> Jean-Marc, none of them are hooked to signals anymore. See
> Angus> xforms/Dialogs_impl.h, xforms/Dialogs2.C.
>
> OK, I see.
>
> Angus> What we could do is have all these methods return a bool
> Angus> telling the core whether the request has been dealt with.
>
> No, I want to know whether there is a preamble dialog without actually
> showing it. It is used for suppressing the menu option.

Well then, I see no alternative but to write a bunch of 1-line functions for
each frontend (below). If they default to true, then you'll have to overload
only a few in the respective frontends...

frontends/Dialogs.h

class Dialogs {
        virtual bool haveAboutlyx() { return true; }
        virtual bool haveBibitem() { return true; }
        virtual bool haveBibtex() { return true; }
        virtual bool haveCharacter() { return true; }
        virtual bool haveCitation() { return true; }
        virtual bool haveDocument() { return true; }
        virtual bool haveError() { return true; }
        virtual bool haveERT() { return true; }
        virtual bool haveExternal() { return true; }
        virtual bool haveFile() { return true; }
        virtual bool haveFloat() { return true; }
        virtual bool haveWrap() { return true; }
        virtual bool haveForks() { return true; }
        virtual bool haveGraphics() { return true; }
        virtual bool haveInclude() { return true; }
        virtual bool haveIndex() { return true; }
        virtual bool haveLogFile() { return true; }
        virtual bool haveMathPanel() { return true; }
        virtual bool haveMinipage() { return true; }
        virtual bool haveParagraph() { return true; }
        virtual bool havePreamble() { return true; }
        virtual bool havePreferences() { return true; }
        virtual bool havePrint() { return true; }
        virtual bool haveRef() { return true; }
        virtual bool haveSearch() { return true; }
        virtual bool haveSendto() { return true; }
        virtual bool haveSpellchecker() { return true; }
        virtual bool haveTabular() { return true; }
        virtual bool haveTabularCreate() { return true; }
        virtual bool haveTexinfo() { return true; }
        virtual bool haveThesaurus() { return true; }
        virtual bool haveTOC() { return true; }
        virtual bool haveUrl() { return true; }
        virtual bool haveVCLogFile() { return true; }
};