On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 06:11:59PM +0100, Edwin Leuven wrote:
> even if the number of footnotes is not overwhelming, going from paper
> corrections ("can you change this in footnote 6") to the right place in lyx
> is a bit of a hassle...

It occurs to me that in the cases where footnote numbering would be
useful, numbering the footnotes that exist on loading the document would
be sufficient--these are the only ones that can already be on paper or
in someone else's hands . . . in fact, it would seem to be more useful
*not* to update numbering after opening the document . . .

hawk
--
Richard E. Hawkins, Asst. Prof. of Economics    /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700      \ /   against HTML mail