On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 05:51:16PM +0100, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
> | If you had ever tried editing a document with more than 1000 footnotes all
> | of them labeled as "[foot]" in lyx, because lyx is unable to show the
> | footnote number, you would see why it is helpful to see the footnote mark.
>
> What would you like to see the footnote number or mark? What benefits
> does it give?

Actually I accept his argument that a sequential numbering of all footnotes
might be some navigation help if the number of footnotes gets large.

> What are you goint to do with that number? Look at it?

One can e.g. make the (sequential!) numbers appear in print as well.
Going back from the proofs to the .lyx would be easy then.

Andre'
--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security,
will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. (T. Jefferson)