On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 11:51:26AM +0100, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
> You have not exactly been persistent about getting this fixed...

It has not been reproducible so far. I've tried several times. _I_ believe
lyx core it too complex for me to understand, so if _I_ had t fix it I
would have to rip it apart. Your mileage may vary.

> | So this _is_ critical, but currently nobody is able to fix it. And nobody
> | will be able to fix it in a freeze. That's why I am in favour of a fixed
> | date and a "all or nothing" on that date: Either the next release ships, or
> | development is completely open again to regain the possibility to rip out
> | the guts, redo some things from scratch and try again with a new fixed
> | date.
>
> And that is a way to stabilize... you cannot be serious.

The final product will be more stable if stuff is fixed properly.
The difference, of course is the date.

The real question is do we want a rock solid 1.3 in 2008 or a somewhat
broken 1.3 the day after tomorrow.

Andre'

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security,
will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. (T. Jefferson)