Andre Poenitz wrote:

Having the release five weeks after the real code freeze does not
sound to bad to me.

Next time please set fixed dates, and if the stuff is not ready, scrap the
release plans and let everybody go on.

IMHO there should also be a list of open issues/bugs that must be fixed under all circumstances. Such a list should be set up by all developers about a month before the next release. Today there is bugzilla with the opportunity to set a "target" and to set the level of "severity" but actually no formal procedure is established for "interpreting" these entries. (Currently, there are 7 open issues with target "1.3.0" and 10 bug reports with severity "major" or "critical". So are were really ready for 1.3.0?)

It really hurts me that fundamental things like search&replace (in combination with insets) are broken. Unfortunately, I am not able to fix it by myself (no time, no knowledge about the LyX kernel) but even if I were, I guess you wouldn't accept the patch because it is too late for the 1.3.0 development cycle...

Michael