> On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 12:30:12PM -0600, Andreas Pour wrote:
>
> > For SuSE 8.0, the compile is broken if you set CXXFLAGS in your env.  This is
>
> IF you're fiddling with CXXFLAGS you should know what you're doing.

Hi,

As it happens I know what I am doing, and hence I know that I should not have to
read Makefiles to divine needed but obscure compile flags.  If you do not care
to document your project fully or have your build system comply with standards,
that is your perogative, of course, but I would suggest that belittling those
who try to help the project is not productive for anyone.

[ ... ]

Ciao,

Dre