Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
> | Which would look a like the attached patch, which solves bug 844
> | frontend-wise. With this, BufferParams::setPaperStuff and thus the
> | papersize/papersize2 distinction could go I think (but this is rather
> | your area). This means that the clever stuff moved from the core to
> | frontends (advantage is: it is more visible to the user). Any
> | disadvantages? Have I missed something?
>
> Duplicatoin of policy might be a problem.

You mean per frontend? Yes. But at the moment we have three different policies
for this simple function. One in the xfroms frontend (which is not complete,
thus this patch), one in the qt frontend (also buggy, thus the other patch)
and one -- which does exactly the contrary -- in bufferparams. Bloat is the
smallest problem. The consequence ATM is that 1.3.0 is unusable for qt users
who need papersizes other than the class default. You cannot produce a
document in e.g. A5 with the qt version of 1.3.0 (because we have forgotten
the core logic [BufferParams::setPaperStuff()] in the qt frontend).

I think we should decide if we want the logic in the core or in the frontends.
I'd vote for the frontend simply because of transparency to the users
(disabling/enabling widgets etc.) and because the frontends have different
means to handle the logic.

Jürgen.